Thursday, September 20, 2007

WPJA...good news and bad news

Good news...I placed 5th for this moment I caught this moment at Jennifer and Brad's wedding back in May. Bad news...it is a bittersweet victory as this is the last contest I will enter for the WPJA due to the poor handling of the organization that has led to many people forfeiting their membership and the poor treatment to some of the best photojournalists in the country! I am sad to say that I too will not be renewing my membership due to this situation.
But for now, I will be happy to place among so many talented photojournalists!




FIFTH PLACE: Photo by Kristina Carter / Illinois

JUDGES COMMENTS: I like this because it's rare that detail photographs hold any real emotion or meaning for that matter and that's why I like this picture. It's a nice moment between father and son (I presume) and I just love the light and the small hand on the bigger fingers... it's not hokey either, which I hate.

3 comments:

oscar+kartika said...

congrats on the win! you got great eye seeing the smaller details of the day! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tina! I love this image...

emilie said...

Congrats, girl!

And, yes, I hear ya on the WPJA. But that's a discussion for another website. :)

hugs!